Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Anecdotal Life Part. 12

It's the bleary-eyed blog express this morning and my hand which has been steadily healing from knuckle replacements seems to have forgotten how to type this particular a.m.. I figure with carbon in one hand and titanium wires in my insides; I am "Borg".
My son's wedding in California was a gas. Totally "cool beans" as my youngest would say. I told everybody and that includes a bunch of strangers in the hallway, that I went to my son's wedding and a "dance broke out". Do you remember the dance in the movie "Chocolate" with Judy Dench and Johnny Depp? Well, it was equally joyful. Everybody went bonkers and all at once. I headed right into the fray and by the first fast number I was fairly certain I had thrown my hip out. I said as much to a delightful aunt from the "Iowa"clan, who had hobbled out there into the middle of the melee (regardless of bad knees) and she said," well, get right back in there and you can throw it back in." Sound advice, I thought, and kept on dancing with anybody that showed up. Had to chuck my shoes and then find them at the end which was difficult considering my condition, the time of night, and the fact that the few dancing fools who soldiered on threatened to up-end me as I crawled around the perimeter of the dance floor looking for said items.
Went back to my hotel smiling to myself and gave a silent thanks to Mark and "netter" for concocting such a grand plan, to Eric and Stephen for just about everything you could think of, and to California for being the super party place that it is.
Copyright: May 31, 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home