Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Anecdotal Life Part.7

Short shrift today. It's Mother's day and I am the designated mommy. My youngest son and I are headed to the boat at Goose Harbor with a fitness center friend from India in tow. I tried to get someone to give me a lesson today so we all could learn, but no dice.
My hand is healing and my tooth no longer clanging in my head. Got that fixed Thursday. Whew. Sooo, yesterday I went to Easton to recover my art life for the first time since late February. Since pen work would hurt as yet, I began decoupage using prints by Klimt on large wooden trays. Most cutting work today, but heaven to me. Nearly cried from relief to be back in the large studio that the Easton Museum offers for free on Saturday. All of it felt as though the love of my life came walking back through the door. As I listened to two artist friends talking about their work, I thought," now that's my kind of music" and for a while I escaped into what is for me, a magical parallel universe. You should be so lucky.
Copyright: May 14, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home