Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Anecdotal Life Part.6

More about the boat particularly since I am going up to Goose Harbor on Mother's day with my son Eric and have dinner on the boat or on the wonderful cottage-like porch the yacht club put together. Their little beach near the harbor opening is so untrammeled by civilization; it has a simple and comforting serenity.
I thought I got the boat to be near my, then, army boyfriend..." ah, youth", but there was no real excuse for my decision except sheer caprice. I really wanted a boat.
The appraiser said the boat was in above average condition when I bought it. Next time they will have to say " it's perfect lady, perfect". But even then the marina salesman I talked to in early April said he'd just brought in a brand new boat for a customer and just prior to the client's arrival they blew a head on the engine in a trial run.( Sounds like I knew what a head was doesn't it?) To myself I was thinking," oh, that could be nasty" and then as he went on I realized he wasn't talking about "that head" but the one in the engine. I do know what an engine could cost. We will be sitting in the salon on top of two crusador engines,(250's) that don't want to run over 3200 rpms or they will start over heating. Well, me too.
However, there is nothing like just sitting in the salon, looking up at blue sky, and seeing an occasional osprey wheeling giddily over head. All you can hear is the water having an amiable conversation with the boat and all of that lulling you into the sweetest afternoon nap you'll ever have.
Copyright: May 10th, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home