Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Anecdotal Life Part.38

Robert Frost , I think, wrote " When was it ever less than treason to accept the end of a love or a season." That is as close as I can remember it. The boat went " up on the hard" for the winter and I walked very slowly back to the marina office to turn in the keys. One comes down off the ceiling with a thump like the teaparty in Mary Poppins when the realization hits that the "party's over". True, I get to worry a little less about where the money is coming from to fix or fuel up the boat, but I finally understood why Eastport celebrates "sock burning day" in the spring, when at last the boats can come back into the water. This is the season for SAD, and even though to some degree I am one of those, I am also a lover of family. That will get me to the middle of January. Then I think one ought to have the wherewithal to make it to the south of France. South anywhere, even U.S.A. Maybe go visit my friend Elaine in North Carolina.
Right now however, I have a car loaded with all the stuff I was so certain I needed aboard the boat and a pocket full of memories.
Copyright: November 1, 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home