Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Anecdotal Life Part. 27

I had considered promoting myself to Lieutenant Benjamin of the boatworld. hmm. Perhaps a tad precipitous on my part. I thought I was recovering from the boat move, and the house move too, but I think I am still in the squashed flat stage. My boat is beleagured with woes beyond my ken at this point. It's hellish when you have to stand and nod thoughtfully in front of a mechanic as he explains why the fram has defrillibulated from the thingamajig. Then there is the cost of the defrillabration. The more mysterious the part, the higher the price. I used to pride myself on knowing the difference between a Phillips head screwdriver and a flathead screwdriver. Ha. I said at the beginning , I think, of these blogs, that there are lots of ways to lose your virginity and buying a boat is one of them.
I can't even be on it right now because it may be loaded up with carbon monoxide. They are throwing a Pier Party on Pier C and I will have to sleep in my car. But an Element, my car, is set up for that. However, if that guy named Popeye shows up again, I may jump on the boat and inhale deeply.
I hate points in life where everything sits around half finished. The house and boat are like that. Some of the house things are understandable, some aren't. " Lady, all the screws that came with this door are stripped and we may have to send to Luxemborg to get replacements." " Don't worry about that fence honey; we'll just prop it back up for the party until the new sections come in from that Lebanese shipping yard." ( so we attached a large battalion of balloons to the seemingly resurrected fence and a huge gust of wind and rain hit just a half an hour into the shenanigans, blowing the entire section over onto the balloons, scaring the tar out of us with rapid fire explosions...No, no one was hurt.) Adding insult to explosion, we had to run for the new designed furniture and flags all decorating the patio and heave into them into the overcrowded living room, dumping dirt and debris on a newly cleaned carpet. But everyone LOVED the chairs; we had a great time and one friend, on seeing the debacle and having noted the storm was over, said, " Hey, I want to see this done; let's put it all back" and we did.
They LOVED the patio darlings.
Copyright: August 23, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home