Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Anecdotal Life Part. 24

Well, I made it outta of the apartment and into a little townhouse. I am currently facing what I call "the mountain" in the living room, kitchen, and two bedrooms. There is some lesson in life about having too much junk in all this, even though I jettisoned things as fast as I could go.At any rate, I don't want to hear about it.
My computer is not up and running and I have no TV service yet. I can't find the remotes anyway. I locked myself out once already. The mattress and boxsprings are not properly placed and threatening to fall over the side. I have tried three times to lift it and I can't. My cat was sick, but he's somewhat better, as is my back. The garbagemen made off with my garbage can and I don't know what I did wrong.
The home mortgage insurance company managed to make out two policies and tried to demand payment for the second. I got up at 5:30 a.m. to be at their door by 8:00 on that one. But the thing driving me craziest is the mosquito population. I have always held that Michigan, or Deal Island, Maryland mosquitos were the most vicious. Not any more! I have 14 large bites on my left calf alone. They seem to hear me park my car and come running to greet me. I could go on and on, but won't. Take my word for it and don't move in July or January.
A neighbor of mine in the apartment house I left, told me that in one of her moves, many of her friends pitched in to help. She had at the time three pair of shoes exactly alike. They decided to throw out two pair in their hurry and in doing so, left her with two left shoes; so she had none. Of course, they were her favorites, which is why she bought three pair in the first place.
A fellow artist told me she moved an enormous amount while her husband was in the service. One year they moved 15 times. She said, " Moving is hell. I have planned it to the inth degree and it was hell. I didn't plan it at all and it was hell. I once moved with the a full coffeepot in a wastebasket. Moving is hell; that's all there is to it." Couldn't have said it better myself.
Copyright: August 1, 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home