Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Anecdotal Life Part.33

Almost too much to tell. Finally conquered a good bit of the social phobia blocking my way in terms of parties at the marina. Admittedly, it was a small crowd this time, but it was definitely my speed. I told fortunes and danced my blue brains out on the back porch in a group dancing situation. When they started some dorky, slow dancing I booked for my boat.
Two days before I had made one of those horrible mistakes all women dread when coloring their hair. Light brown sounds innocent enough doesn't it? Well, ha! It turned pitch black , with clear indications of heading south into purple and blue. And I was only halfway into the process. My niece called exactly then and gave reams of immediate and useful advice on how to rescue what had been my blonde persona. I managed to beat it down into a muddy dark brown and was glad the party was in the evening.
Why is it always me? I am on my way to a hairdresser this morning to change what is now steel grey.
I spent Monday taking lessons on, off and about the boat. I darted back home to begin a course in Seamanship with the Annapolis Power Squadron that evening and they politely let me know that I should have taken another course before this current one and would I please take two at once immediately and both to be followed by a GPS course. I suspected when they realized how green I was, and it doesn't take long to do that, and that I was in charge of a thirty-four ft. boat, they wanted to protect the boating populace plus environs as quickly as possible. Subsequently, I am awash in incoming information, more terminology, books, and trying to beat my problems with directionality while I attempt to tie the different knots. My two cats love the lines I'm working with. My living room is a funny mix of leftover Mayan furniture and themes from my housewarming and navigational materials and tomes. Who woulda thought? What surprises me is how much I love it. My mind has been sleeping or distracted way too long. " look out fellas here she comes"
Copyright: September 27, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home