Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Anecdotal Life Part. 61

Well, I am at a cross between fury and crushed. There are teachers and then there are teachers. I picked the wrong one this week. I have no illusions about my boating weaknesses, failures or abilities. I can see it will really take some time. However, to have them all pointed out at once and to be told to leave the marina- is a bit over the top.
My main strength has been persistence in the face of a myriad of steep learning curves. I wasn't taught the required knowledge in science, math, geography, electricity, physics, etc.
However, my second main strength is ongoing curiosity. So it has been a joy, a delight, and mind opening experience to be plunged into all these subjects. Would that it were not all at once... I misjudged a person's intention in what was seeming willingness to help me learn. There is all sorts of abuse, but mental abuse is the cheapest so the saying goes. Well, what to do next.
One, get other teachers. Two, start the arduous search for an inexpensive marina. Two, keep studying. Volta and his battery has been on the big marquee this week. Also, what other causes there are to get electrical current to flow and what is happening with electrons and the atom. Sometimes, the more you read, the more questions you have. That's frustrating. Worse still, I have lost the demonic mentor, while he was being a horrible conduit for info in terms of abrasiveness, he was the most informed. He , unlike Einstein, cannot suffer the uninformed. How sad. He was a cute sucker too. Isn't that the way it goes?
Copyright: June 5, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home