Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Anecdotal Life Part.52

Ugh and eeeuww! I just know I have barnacle doo-doo in my hair, in my ears, down my neck and the wind kicked back flying debris from ancient accumulations all over my face. At one point I wiped my nose and was aghast to feel what seemed like an entire sandbox covering forehead to chin. (yes, I was wearing glasses) I "shoulda been so lucky" were it merely sand. I am also keenly aware that I probably scratched the gel coat ( the outer, shiny, protective coating) underneath a few times. I was unable to bend or dull the edges of the monster scraper I got from West Marine. I didn't even realize the gel coat went down all the way under the bottom . Once when I was giving the black peeling paint a trial swipe, it looked like grey metal under there. Apparently, the new brunette dye job has not quelled all of the"blond boater" gaps in simple boating knowledge.
I had gotten my sweet self in trouble right off the bat by attempting to park next to a big SUV with it's front tire turned outwards. I opened the door carefully to see what was an impossibly narrow pass between us and the owner sailed up and said something about "You're not going to be able to get out that side 'HON!'. I said I will back right up and try again". He huffed off. As I walked past him I felt like I needed to say something , but would be damned if I would apologize so I said pertly and inanely, " thanks for the tip". I "shoulda" added HON!.
Now here's the beauty part of the day. I loved being there, seeing the water and trying to fix my poor, neglected baby boat. I will go right back next Saturday and drive all the way to the back of the marina and make a fool of myself in the peace and solitude of my corner on the Chesapeake. My right arm and shoulder will have healed. My back will have gotten through trivial spasms. I will have all the right equipment.( I left some really pertinent things behind.)
And , I will try again HON!
Copyright: March 11 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home