Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Anecdotal Life Part.54

It's always a good idea to look back at the old blog and see what one was grousing about last. I had been pretty heated up about the marina putting my boat on an earlier launching schedule. Instead of rolling into the office and venting, I decided to use oil in place of vinegar. I worked everything out with the marina by simply beginning with " what did I do wrong and how can I avoid this the next time.", as to the timing of my spring boat launch. Because of that, I found out the wonderful nature of the three individuals I semi-confronted. All of whom admitted the marina's error readily and my patience made three friends instead....This is a strategy I will do well to remember, and since Captain Hopkins can't come for a piloting lesson after May 15, but can right after April 15th, it all worked out for the best for me too.
Also, letting the marina do the bottom sanding and painting was the better part of valor. I can handle some barnacle bashing for short periods, but was really begging my asthma to come into play with the sanding and painting. My sister, upon hearing all this, reminded me that my father had his heart attack painting the boat bottom up at the lake. His doctor told him the fumes had a great deal to do with it. That did it for me. Two friends are coming up to help with hull washing and waxing which should be-just plain fun. I like shining stuff up.
At an informal meeting of boaters in Annapolis, at which the professor from my first course, "Boat Smart" was present, I was quietly informed that the test I had barely passed and few others with me, was the wrong test for the book we had studied from! I felt so much better! However, I really felt sorry for those who didn't make the grade, as it were. One young girl, especially, was just crushed and had left hurriedly with her father when she received her score. I wish I could get back to her about that.
However, here at home, every new blade and bud are shouting for attention and I am strolling around the area happily doling it out. Being relieved of weeks of " hard labor" is just the ticket.... a rough winter calls for an irresistible spring.
Copyright: March 25, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home