Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Anecdotal Life Part. 71

What a rush. The trip to Santa Monica (with a profound thanks to my second son) to see my first son, daughter-in-law, and almost born, new grandson, was so full of love and laughter...greatest combo on earth. Thanksgiving dinner at the Penthouse didn't hurt either. Then before I knew it, I was off to Albuquerque just before the next fires hit southern California.
Albuquerque astounded me with a totally broadminded take on Art, while evincing within their art, a tremendously creative and ofttimes, outrageous foment. That town is "a toddling town". So it seems, is my sister who set the pace for trooping to every great place possible.
The people are easy going, open and not so full of themselves those as on the East Coast. Money and property mean way too much back home. Nowhere else do we take ourselves and our lineage so seriously. Sometimes I pull out my lineage just to defend myself. It's a pity Ellis Island is on this coast. How do incoming aliens and how have incoming aliens dealt with all that attitude.
But now it's nearly Christmas. We all, in our family, are having to restructure our holidays as well as ourselves to fill the gaps (more like canyons) left behind by those two who passed, and as well as those gaps left by the dear people we lost on the hill of friends surrounding our communal cottage.
We are all different now, our tasks within the family broader and more heartfelt. Everything means more because we have been struck dumb by the fragility of our existence and the power of Death. I don't expect Christmas to be a laugh a minute, but it will be important. I have had the honor to watch various members arising to meet the challenge of rebuilding our connections. Now we have a chance to witness the power of life. I especially wish a genuine and loving Christmas to them all....and to my friends.
Copyright: December 2, 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home